Saturday, November 27, 2004

The Nips are Getting Bigger

mental as anything
Today's showcase is by a band called Mental as Anything. To be honest with you I don't know all that much about this band. I do know that they're Australian. I also know that on August 16, 1977 (the day Elvis died) they played their first gig together. The song I have here was released in 1979. I think I found this cassette in a bargain bin somewhere for 99 cents. Rumor has it that they formed a band in order to get free beer at the local pub. Even though they never were huge they are still together today and their newest album called Plucked just came out I believe. So I give you:

The Nips are Getting Bigger by Mental as Anything (aprox 3.2 mb)
(File taken down, check current posts for some more great music)


This song is a quirky pop tune that rocks in so many different ways that I have to say it's a classic that got lost in the shuffle of the 80's. It defifnitely deserves some recognition and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. A great song from a band that deserves more love. Check it out and dig it.

Buy it here

0 comments: