Monday, November 22, 2004

Surfin' Dead by The Cramps

The newest thing to take the blogosphere by storm are mp3 bloggers. I don't even want to get into the legalities of this but I spent a lot of time surfing some sites today and came up with some ideas and picked up a few good mp3's along the way. So I'm going to try a weekly feature to showcase a really good tune, while this is still semi legal. Maybe twice a week, we'll see. So first off let me say this:

MP3s that will appear on this blog will be available for only a week or so(usually far less) and are here for sampling purposes only. It is not my intention to violate copyrights. My only goal is to share my love/hate relationship with music. If you are the creator or copyright owner of a song or anything else that might be posted here, please CONTACT ME by sending an e-mail to lovedonnaz at shaw.ca if you wish to have it removed.

Visitors: Please help me save bandwidth by not downloading multiple songs at once and PLEASE don't direct link to any individual tracks.Likewise, it's best for my bandwidth if you download first to your computer and listen to it later rather than streaming (and then delete the track as soon as possible from your computer, of course, like I know most of you will). Most importantly, if you like an artist you hear here , you should definitely do your best to take the knowledge you gain here and go out and BUY THEIR ALBUMS.

Having said that legal junk let's get on with the show. For my first feature you're going to hear the best zombie song ever recorded. I first heard it when I saw the movie Return of the Living Dead at the theater back in the 80's. For example you know you're in for a good tune when the song starts out with, "Aaahh my favorite brain soup, cream of nowhere."The song is Surfin' Dead by The Cramps.(No longer available) This song originally appeared on the Return of the Living Dead Soundtrack and was added to their album Smell of Female as a bonus track on the CD. The Cramps style of music has been described as psychobilly, although Surfin' Dead doesn't really invoke that when you listen to it. Give it a listen and let me know what you think. Hopefully by doing this once in a while I can get people to listen to good music again instead of a lot of the drivel that's being played on the radio now. If you do check out these tunes let me know by leaving a comment.

0 comments: