Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Crazy Horses

I heard my first Osmonds song back in 1972. Yes I'm that old. No it wasn't One Bad Apple. It was Down by the Lazy River. I was hooked. I like a good pop song as well as some good heavy metal or classical. Heck I like all kinds of music. I was a fan then and still a bigger fan now. Donny not so much. The first time I heard today's featured song it literally blew me away. I remember thinking that can't be the Osmonds. This song freaking rocks. If you've never heard it you'll be thouroughly surprised. I think this song came out in 1972. Forget about any preconceived notions you have about the Osmonds. Forget about the teen idol status, forget about all that Mormon stuff and that goofy 70's hair because this song kicks ass. If you don't like this tune then I would have to say you probably don't like music much. So give it a listen. Honestly it's purdy good.

Crazy Horses by The Osmonds

Cartoon of the Day

4 comments:

R. Piggy said...

Oooooh, the Osmonds rock, sorta. And this, this rocks!? Ray gun sounds? Marie's Grace Slick impersonation! A little bit country, a little bit rock n roll, fer sure. Oh, for a video of this, teeth and all, sigh.

R. Piggy said...

And their hair looks pretty good. No comment on the width of those straps. They sure look high... on life.

Mick in the UK said...

Not my cup of tea, I think it's because I remember the dancing.
Good sentiments though, a very 'green' song.

matt_the_cat said...

But wasn't 'Down By The Lazy River' and 'Love Me For A Reason' good tunes as well?I'm that old and I know exactly what you mean....