Friday, February 06, 2009

You Bought it, You Name It


Joe Walsh has been around for a while. James Gang, the Eagles, his solo work and even a recurring role on the Drew Carey Show. I had the pleasure of meeting Joe back in the mid 80's. A friend of mine was a radio dj in Memphis and one night we drove to Memphis and arrived around 2 in the morning. We drove to the station where said friend was working that night. Sitting in that night was Joe. I had been a huge fan since I first heard Funk #49. I will admit I was a bit star struck. Over the course of the next few days I had several conversations with Joe. He has a kind of goofy charm and let's admit it he's a brilliant musician. Throughout his career I have always preferred his solo work. Today's song is from the album You Bought it, You Name it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the song title is referring to and I post it here today because it's really a fun humorous type song. Plus you'll never hear this one on the radio.

ILBTs by Joe Walsh

You can also find this song on Look What I Did!: The Joe Walsh Anthology. This anthology is a great retrospective of Joe's career and is a must have for any music fan.


Funny Toon

0 comments: