Monday, February 28, 2005

He's a Whore by Cheap Trick

The very first concert I ever went to was Cheap Trick in 1978. I had just got my driver's license and heard later that week that they were playing in a nearby town in about a month. I was pumped because I had just bought their first album a couple months earlier and I was currently worshipping Rick Nielsen as one of my guitar heroes. I drove the 80 miles to get tickets and they rocked so damn hard it took me days to unwind from that concert. Forget about Surrender and I want you to want me, their best stuff never saw the light of radio. The track I'm featuring today comes from the first album simply titled Cheap Trick. This album is highly overlooked and should be a requirement for any music fan to own because it fucking rocks. Cheap Trick is still alive and well and I eagerly await their next studio album. For now listen to this blast from the past.

He's a Whore by Cheap Trick

0 comments: