Thursday, February 03, 2005

Spongebob Squarepants

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants. Spongebob is cool, as evidenced by the Flaming Lips contribution to the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Soundtrack. The movie was a hoot, and I laughed my butt off when Bob and Patrick get wasted on ice cream. Contrary to what what some conservative asshats would like you to believe, he's not an icon for gay men and he is not going to turn your children into homosexuals. I discuss this bit of conservative stupidity in my other blog. I started posting tunes on my other blog and that's when I started this one, so I could have a tunes only blog. Occasionally I'll swipe a post from here and post it on my other one if I'm feeling lazy. Wait a minute getting off track here. Getting back to the little square dude. Today I post a song by the yellow one himself from one of my favorite episodes, "Ripped Pants". I love this song because it almost has a Beach Boys vibe in a weird spongy way.



This song can be found on the album SpongeBob SquarePants: Original Theme Highlights.

0 comments: