Thursday, March 03, 2005

Mötley Crüe Reborn

It's good to be the Crüe these days. When Mötley Crüe reunited and began touring earlier this year, few took notice. But after just nine dates into their North American tour, they started selling out their shows. Now, in what has been dubbed the first major tour of 2005, the band has added more than 50 dates. According to Billboard.com. "This was a blockbuster tour that few saw ... coming."

Packed arenas have greeted Mötley Crüe in the first leg off the "Carnival of Sins" tour, and all shows in Canada have sold out. The Edmonton Sun reported that the tickets went so fast that the concert had to be moved to a larger venue. And the Crue's resurgence hasn't been limited to the stage. The cable-television station VH1 is airing a show called "The Fabulous Life of Motley Crue" that started yesterday, the same day the band rang the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange. Say What? Today they play a sold out show at Madison Square Garden in New York. Way to go guys! To be honest I would kill to get my hands on a couple Crüe tickets. I think there's a place for cheesy heavy metal and these guys rock that bill. I believe the sold out shows reflect the fact that sometimes people just want to rock out. I wanna see them when they hit Vancouver in July but I fear it will sell out before I can gain tickets. So I bet you thought I was going to be featuring a CRÜE song here. Well sort of. It is one of their songs but covered by someone else. The Donnas! The cut comes from their fourth album called Get Skintight. I think they were all of 19 years old when they recorded their fourth album. I like Mötley Crüe but The Donnas version of Too Fast for Love beats the hell out of the Crue's original. If after hearing this cut you feel the need to buy the CD then you can click on the pic or run on down to your local store and get it.



Welcome back boys!

0 comments: