Monday, April 11, 2005

Classic Album Covers-Killers

Click to buy KillersKillers by Iron Maiden. I bought this album in 1982, a year after this album had come out. I had seen it in the record store almost every time I went in and thought it was the coolest cover. Whaddya expect from a guy that thrives on zombie flicks. I didn't have the slightest clue who Iron Maiden was or even what kind of music they played. I finally broke down and got it, figuring it had to be good with a cover like that. I was right. The next day I scoured the record stores looking for their first album.

I still think this is the best Iron Maiden album ever. Although Number of the Beast seemed to be their big breakout album, I didn't like it as well. I had a hard time adjusting to Bruce Dickinson's vocals. Too bad Paul Dianno had an alcohol problem. I still listened to Maiden though. I also thought the Blaze Bayley days were pretty bad. Today's cut is the title track from the album.

Killers by Iron Maiden

Cartoon of the Day

0 comments: