Monday, April 04, 2005

The Timelords

Doctor Who has returned. Great news for us nerd dweebs eh? Hey back in the 80's I had a hand made Tom Baker replica scarf and I wore it everywhere. I never left home without it. It was hard to be a Dr. Who fan back then in the US, because dude was hard to find on the American telly. And we didn't have cable back then. I used to watch it on PBS on Sunday nights at midnight. wait, oh shit, there is a mash up here somewhere. Back then in the good ole days we called it a remix. Somewhere in this post is the song you are lookin for. You would occasionally catch it on PBS late at night usually on a sunday at midnight. Now that I live in Canada the new Who returns on Tuesday night. I've already had one request from a desperate American to tape it and send it to him, which I will gladly do. My favorite doctor companion was sarah Jane(Elisabeth Sladen), when I was younger I had many a (ahem) dream about her. Now we have the new incarnation of the Dr. And I must say the companion is quite the hot cookie. Billie Piper(nip alert) is very fetching. The UK has already seen a couple episodes with the new doctor and now Canada is in line Tuesday night. Unfortunately I also hear that the new Dr. has already quit. So anyways here's the deal on this song.

The Timelords was the name used by UK sampling outfit The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu for their 1988 novelty pop single Doctorin the Tardis, a No.1 hit in the UK. The song is a mix of Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll, The Sweet's Blockbuster and the Doctor Who theme with sparse vocals inspired by Doctor Who and Harry Enfield's Loadsamoney character. Doctorin' the Tardis reached number one in the UK Singles Chart on 12 June, and also charted highly in Australia and New Zealand.

Doctorin' the Tardis by The Timelords 6.63mb

0 comments: