Friday, May 06, 2005

Billy Idol

Devil's Playground Rocks Biatch!My third Idol post since this blog began. I feel like I really need to promote the new Billy Idol album. If you stop by here regularly then you know I hardly ever write about new stuff. I like to dig out stuff from the vaults. The new Idol is better than anything he has done previously and better than anything kicking around out there right now. Devil's Playground rocks, and with this new material it should be #1 with a bullet. It needs to be heard by more people. I've always been a huge fan of the Idol. This album kicks major Mony Mony ass. Billy's looking a little rough around the edges but if you ask me he's a little older and better than ever. Go and buy this gem, it's well worth it. I've had a couple non Idol folks say it's pretty darn good. Billy hasn't been sleeping through the years. Reunited with uber guitarist Steve Stevens this album is fresh sounding and a helluva lot better than the crap that is being pushed on us by the record companies. I wasn't sure which cut I was going to post. His version of Plastic Jesus is just fucking amazing, but I wanted to post an original, so I think I'll go with Rat Race. I was reading an article somewhere and the article made reference to Billy Idol by saying that "so and so" said that Idol may be the best songwriter of this generation. For the life of me I can't remember who "so and so" was but it was someone big like Bob Dylan or Pete Townshend. I'll let you know when I remember. But that's pretty high praise and after listening to this album you can see why he said that.

Rat Race by Billy Idol

Buy this CD

0 comments: