Friday, July 15, 2005

Cheap Trick

Today in Music History:

In 1985, Nude photos of Madonna taken in 1977, appeared in this months Playboy and Penthouse Magazines.
Cheap TrickI talked about The Pretenders near perfect debut album a couple days ago, so continuing that line of thought, Cheap Trick's debut album back in 1977 is not only the perfect debut album, it is also one of the best of all time. This one has it all. Driving home today in traffic, today's song came on and I turned it up a little bit, and I was like holy crap. I started it over and just cranked the volume up. Starts out with a kinda mellow guitar riff and then Bun e and Tom kick in with the rhythm and it builds then Rick Nielsen kicks in with the raunchiest one chord guitar riff that just fucking slayed me all over again. With the volume up to mega decibels the guitar sounded downright raunchy and nasty. Man it had me pumped in traffic. I almost felt like just flooring it and to hell with anyone that gets in my way. Even though I have heard this song hundreds of times it felt like I was hearing it for the first time. Sometimes you forget just how damn good a band is and then you hear that one song and you're like yeah, right on. I remember now. Any album collection is sorely pathetic without the first Trick album. I'll tell ya what, this one never gets stale. That's all I gots to say bout that.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace by Cheap Trick

Buy this CD


Funny Toon

0 comments: