Thursday, August 11, 2005

Summer Songs-Idol

Today in Music History:

In 1962, Neil Sedaka started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Breaking Up Is Hard To Do', his first US No.1 as an artist, not as songwriter. It reached No.7 on the UK chart.
Billy IdolIt seems to me summer is slowly winding down, the same as my summer songs series. I've got a few left and then I'll go back to the normal unthemed posts. If any of you come here on a regular basis, you might be thinking, oh shit not another Billy Idol post. This will be my last one I promise. I'll even make it a twofer. I've never posted two on the same day, but these are both most excellent summer songs and it would be a disservice to not include them in my summer listening program. For background junk you can go to my previous posts here or here. It's just that Idol's new CD seems to be stuck in my player. When I put something new in by some of these new artists that have been cropping up, or new releases from established groups , I end up shelving them and putting the new Idol back in. So far, Devil's Playground has been my favorite release of 2005. It's been out since March and I can't get enough of it. Blah blah blah, I know. Music maestro!

Summer Running by Billy Idol

Buy this CD


This next song is just plain classic from his first solo album. Actually this is the remix from the Vital Idol CD. Great summer tune.

Hot in the City by Billy Idol

Buy this CD


Funny Toon

0 comments: