Monday, August 15, 2005

Summer Songs-Last one

Today in Music History:

In 1969, The Woodstock Festival was held on Max Yasgur's 600 acre farm in Bethel outside New York. Attended by over 400,000 people, the free event featured, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Santana, The Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, The Band, Canned Heat, Joan Baez, Santana, Melanie, Ten Years After, Sly and the Family Stone, Johnny Winter, Jerrerson Airplane, Ravi Shanker, Country Joe and the Fish, Blood Sweat and Tears, Arlo Guthrie, and Joe Cocker. During the three days there were three deaths, two births and four miscarriages. Joni Mitchell was booked to appear but had to pull out due to being booked for a TV show, wrote the song 'Woodstock.'
Well then quite a day in history. I know I've passed up a billion summeresque songs. My perogative eh? I wanted to get past all that beach boys stuff. Actually one of my fave summer song is Rockaway Beach by the Ramones. Maybe next year. My maybe last installment will be the Bay City Rollers.The RollersI've talked about them in past posts. I ain't gonna go all into detail again. Get over it, we all love that pop music. If you don't then we have to question your sanity. Mabye not the best installment but the least unexpected. For Fucks sake I love these guys.

Summerlove Sensation
by the Bay City Rollers

Buy it somewhere

Funny Toon

Yes I missed 2 billion summer songs but I have a fondness for these and many, many others. Thinking hard on this I guess my favorite is Summer by War. Hey how bout this? You tell me what you think is a great hard to find summer song, and if I gots it, I'll feature it in your name. Leave your suggestions in the comments.


OR What is your favorite summerish song? I dare you to answer.!!!!!!!

0 comments: