Friday, September 09, 2005

BossHoss

Today in Music History:

1965, US newspaper The Hollywood reporter ran the following advertisement; 'Madness folk & roll musicians, singers wanted for acting roles in new TV show. Parts for 4 insane boys. The Monkees were born.
BossHossToday is a rarity, a post about new music. I can't take credit for this find. A friend from across the pond introduced me to this band, and I'm itching to get my hands on a copy of their album. After weeks of checking I see that Amazon now has it available as an import (in other words, expensive). So let's get a little exposure for this band, cause I'm really digging this stuff.

BossHoss hails from Germany and their music can best be described as....well I'm not sure. Mickfly calls it rockgrass and that's describes it pretty good. What do I know about this band? Not much. I tried to research them and most of the fan sites listed on google are all in German and I was too lazy to translate the page. BossHoss does have a website and you can get it in English, but they don't give you much about the history of the band other than this fanciful piece. They cover a lot of different songs from Nelly to Billy Idol. I don't know if they have any original material on their album. If you dig around their website, you'll find a few more mp3's for download. For some reason their sound immediately hooked me. Give a listen and maybe you'll get hooked.

Eyes Without a Face by The BossHoss

Buy this CD


Funny Toon

Friday Bonus Tunes

Roller by April Wine (rapidshare)
Sloop John B by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (rapidshare)

0 comments: