Thursday, November 03, 2005

People in Planes

Today in Music History:

1997, Metallica came to a out of court agreement with a fan who claimed he lost his sense of smell after being dropped on his head by fans at one of their shows four years earlier.
People in PlanesPEOPLE IN PLANES are a 5 piece rock band who come from Cardiff, Wales. Actually this is their third group name. Before this incarnation they were Tetra Splendour and they started out as Robots In The Sky. They were recently signed to Wind Up records(Evanescene and Creed) out of New York and currently have a four song EP available in select record stores. Here is how they describe themselves
a band that tries to play an intelligent fusion of contemporary cutting edge rock music, whilst retaining the warm aesthetic tones produced by retro instruments & equipment and exploring the genre spanning possibilities of programming and editing.
While that seems a bit wordy to me, I can't exactly put a fix on what style of music they play, so I'll just say alternative. That may be a bit of a cop out, but I do know that their EP has spent extensive time in my CD player. I don't know how many times I've listened to the song "Moth". Been quite a few anyway.

Their first full length album is due out in the early part in 2006, and they are currently on tour opening for such acts as The Bravery and Seether. Take a break and check out this cut and look for the album coming soon. I will be.

Moth by People in Planes
(File taken down, check current posts for some more great music)


Buy this CD


Funny Toon

0 comments: