Friday, December 09, 2005

Best Christmas song Ever and More

The Mojo link works now, sorry guys.
Today in Music History:

1988, According to a poll released in the US, the music of Neil Diamond was favoured as the best background music for sex, Beethoven was the second choice and Luther Vandross was voted third.
Absolutely no disrespect to the guys in my previous posts is intended when I say this, but I've had my fill of dead guys for a while. The mood is getting somber at Rockin' and it's time to liven things up. Plus I'm going to be gone until next Thursday so this post is gonna have to hold youse guys till then. I'll shell out a couple goodies and see you in a week.

Horny MojoMy first choice is my pick for best Christmas song ever. It's not a Joy to the World or Silent Night type song. In fact it should get some different lyrics and be a song I can listen to year round. It's a Mojo Nixon song and I realize some people may be thinking I'm trying to ram Mojo down their throats so I promise, no more Mojo after this one. I featured it as one of my only Christmas songs from last year and it's well worth a repeat. Besides it's my blog. This song is full of double entendres and is probably not your typical kid friendly Christmas song. But it is awesome. The horns and piano in this song absolutely rock. It's kind of a jazzy, funky, r and b type thing that will get your booty shaking. I listen to this song year round and damn if it doesn't make me want to get up and dance. Trust me this is one song you'll want to keep on your playlist year round.

It's Christmas Time
by Mojo Nixon and the Toadliquors
(File taken down, check current posts for some more great music)


Buy this CD


This next item is not a song and it too has been featured here before. It also happens to be the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life. Ever. It's a guy on a cell phone leaving a voice mail as to why he's going to be late. Hilarity abounds. You can read more about it here.

Dallas Accident

Third choice is another AM radio staple from the seventies. I thought it was actually kind of a creepy song sung by Helen Reddy. That's a blast from the past eh. She was all about women empowerment or something, with that I am Woman song. Whatever the deal, I liked her stuff. It was kind of a guilty pleasure thing and trust me, not a lot of my friends knew I had a couple Helen Reddy albums sitting next to my Alice Cooper albums. They would have teased me mercilessly.

Angie Baby by Helen Reddy
(File taken down, check current posts for some more great music)



Buy this CD

Finally one last song and I'll bend and make it another Christmas song. It's one no one has probably ever heard. It comes from Angel a highly overlooked band from the seventies. I featured them in a post here back in Feb. For pics and an idea what Angel looked like check out their official web site. They rocked purty good. This cut was actually a redo from their White Hot album called the Winter Song. They renamed it the Christmas song, reworked the lyrics, added a few bells and Voila a Christmas Song. I hope these tide you over till homercat returns next Thursday. I pretty much think that is probably the end of any holiday music that this site will promote. Maybe one more , we'll see.

The Christmas Song by Angel
(File taken down, check current posts for some more great music)


Buy this CD


As I part company I leave you with these words from Denny Crain (Bill Shatner on Boston Legal)

I was good in there. I can't be sure, but in the middle I think I actually felt smoke coming out of my ass.

Funny Toon

0 comments: