Thursday, March 16, 2006

Leader of the Band

Today in Music History:

In 1969 John Lennon and Yoko Ono marry on the island of Gibraltar.
I've never really met any big stars. Once upon a time I met a couple. I suppose if the cat was the groupie type I would have met more. Lord knows my ex wife inexplicably was able to get backstage for a buttload of shows. When I wised up and realized that i love you thing was a sham and she was slobbing the knob of every wannabe that came down the pike, I got mad, especially cause she wasn't slobbin mine. That eventually ended badly, like you didn't see that coming.

One late night in Memphis at a radio station I got to hang out with Joe Walsh. One time I had a mad conversation with Doc severnson for two minutes. And one night at a Joan Jett concert when I was in the front row, I screamed at Joan I love You, and she smiled at me. Trust me I took that to the she almost hosed me bank and, well you young uns know one Miz Jett figured prominently in certain, um, things.

I bring all this up because at a certain time in my dad's life he was kicking around in the Colorado Rockies and he became good friends with some dude who was like around where he hung out. He could tell the story better, and with more passion. Mon Pere is a musician and we haven't been exactly close but we understand each other. I understand a certain song that means a lot to my Dad and to the guy that wrote it, his son. Which is neither me or my Dad, but I'm proud to say that the song I feature here today is about a guy that my Dad was good friends with and if you ask my Da, I think he would say this is one of the saddest songs he knows. He Knew the guy that Dan was singing about and knowing that it holds a special place in my heart. Besides, it's good amd it's impossible to rock out all the time. Before I even knew all this, I loved this song. Well there's more here with all that complicated BS but enjoy this, a song about one of my Dad's great friends and by proxy mine. I wish I could have met him.

Leader of the Band
by Dan Fogelberg

Buy this CD


Funny Toon
Technorati Tags: ,,

0 comments: