Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Mama Said

Today in Music History:

In 1977, Elvis Presley made the last recordings of his life during a concert at the Saginaw, Michigan Civic Centre. Three songs from the show appeared on the posthumously released Presley album, 'Moody Blue'.
I don't know if anyone noticed but I added something new to the sidebar that's sure to further irritate dial up users and my apologies but I got the idea from jabartlett. Whenever I head to his site I always look at his last fm now playing list first to see what he's been listening to in his recently played tracks. I find this immensely interesting. You can click on the box to see charts that will tell you which artists I've been listening to the most, which tracks I've played the most etc. The list pretty much updates in real time, so if I got my player going it's constantly sending the info out. Just letting you know about my new toy. I am going to tweak some things around in an effort to speed up loading times for my dial up friends, so be patient guys. So I had to add one.

Corb LundIt's few and far between when when ma turns me on to new music. Or let's say never until today. Turns out I had downloaded a track a while back from one of the blogs I frequent and hadn't had the time to listen to it yet. Mom calls and somewhere in the conversation she's telling us about this wonderful boy and how she loves his music. Maybe one reason she loves it as it turns out is that she went to nursing school with this dudes Mom, and they're nursing buds. I haven't even mentioned the band yet, but it's Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans. The coolest thing about all this is I went to find some shit about ole Corb, and he happened to appear in my favorite movie I have seen this year. Slither. The band is playing"(Gonna) Shine Up My Boots" in the film at a party celebrating the opening day of deer hunting season. Didn't realize who that was up on the big screen. This film kicks ass as a step forward in the B movie genre. Much alien slime, slugs, guts, gore, humour and zombies abound. It was awesome! I'm not sure if Ma knows about the zombie movie but he's a nice Canadian boy and she likes his music. I have to share the one track I have and all apologies to the original poster,(I think it was craig) I don't remember who you are, but I thanks ya. If you haven't seen Slither then you have missed a great movie.

All I Wanna do is Play Cards by Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans
Buy it

Funny Toon

Technorati Tags: ,,

0 comments: