Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Music for Sparklers

Today in Music History:

In 1976,On the very day of the U.S. bicentennial, the Ramones kick off their first British tour at London’s Roundhouse, lighting a fire under the fledgling punk movement by inspiring groups like the Sex Pistols, the Buzzcocks and the Clash. It is a notable moment in punk-rock history.
Homey likey sparkliesBar B Ques, Beer and fireworks. The day America declared it's independence. I had something else to write about but I figure a nod to our friends to the south is in order. Before I continue though, about 10 minutes ago as homercat was preparing to write we had us a lil old fashioned earthquake. In fact it happened as I was uploading my picture of my sparkler enjoyment. You can check here for more info on our earthquake. It made my tummy rumbly.

Most people on this continent are doing holiday stuff, what with Canada Day and the Fourth of July. Most folks are probably too busy knockin back a few cold brewski's, trying hard to blow up some fingers, rather than blog surfing. Just thought I would throw out one of my favorite pieces of Americana for the Yanks. What's more American than hot dogs and apple pie? Well Elvis Presley of course. Pure d all American boy from the heartland. The horns at the end give me chillbumps.
An American Trilogy by Elvis Presley
Buy It

Then there's the opposite end of the spectrum, a lad from the UK, maybe you've heard of him. David Bowie with a not so much patriotic song. Good tune though.
I'm Afraid of Americans by David Bowie
Buy It

Celebrate Safely!


Funny Toon

0 comments: