Thursday, October 26, 2006

Take This OOP And Run

Today in Music History:

In 1965 The Beatles are awarded England's prestigious MBE (Members of the Order of the British Empire). John comments, 'I thought you had to drive tanks and win wars to get the MBE.'
I've had a bug up my ass since I wrote last Friday's post. Once again this has to do with out of print material. When I posted the Osmonds song last week, I mentioned that you could get it at Amazon from a third party for 500 bucks. Here's the deal though. The Osmonds Crazy Horses album was never released on CD. So this fella has pirated it in some way or just ripped it from vinyl to CDR and has the gall to charge 500 bucks. This seems a might shady to me. Knowing that the artist isn't seeing a penny of this outrageous asking price.

Here's another thing, why out of print? I realize that this album came out in 1972 but this album is not "easy listening" or cheesy bubblegum my fellow rock n' roll fans! This is some very inspiring rock n' roll! The words, melody, and music are all complimented by gutsy distorted guitars and great full thundering sound of drums. There are ballads here but even metal guys put ballads on their discs. The album rocks, rolls, and kicks butt! After listening to "CRAZY HORSES" or "HOLD HER TIGHT" tell me it doesn't rock. So it's a disgrace and a sham that this LP never saw the light of CD. I know myself and many folks from my generation would line up to buy remastered and expanded edition of this album. Their whole back catalog even. Don't even get me started on the many compilation albums out there. They suck. Are any of you record companies listening??? This music should be brought to the masses and since it's an out of print album I give you a limited time chance to download the album. It has been ripped from vinyl and is an excellent sounding rip. No scratches or hisses.

The Osmonds

1 Hold Her Tight 3:18
2 Utah 2:20
3 Girl 3:38
4 What Could It Be 3:20
5 We All Fall Down 2:50
6 And You Love Me 3:40
7 Crazy Horses 2:40
8 Life Is Hard Enough Without Goodbyes 3:45
9 Hey, Mr. Taxi 3:05
10 That's My Girl 3:12
11 Julie 3:14
12 Big Finish :18


The Osmonds-Crazy Horses full album pw=homercat

UPDATE
For the first time in over thirty years, this album is now available on CD for the first time ever. Scoop it up before it goes out of print again!!!!


Funny Toon

0 comments: