Friday, October 27, 2006

Trick or Treat

Today in Music History:

In 1975, the unknown Bruce Springsteen had the rare honour of simultaneous covers on both Time and Newsweek magazines in the US.
Ok let's getthis show on the road. I knows some of youse got halloween parties and such planned for this weekend and we need a few more weenie worthy tunes to fill that disc up. I've got a perfect opening track for said Halloween disc. A buddy of mine put together this little piece with sounds, creepy voice and such. It sets the mood excellently for the rest of the evening.
Overture

Every year someone overplays Monster Mash thinking it's the best ever song for Halloween. Homercat offers up an alternative that first appeared here last year and is destined to become a classic.
Monster Ass

Personally I wouldn't think of celebrating Halloween without this song.
What you eatin' there boy? Crayons?
The Martian Boogie by Brownsville Station
Buy It

I beg to serve, your wish is my law
Now close those eyes and let me love you to death
Love You to Death by Type O Negative
Buy It

I cut the flesh
And make it bleed
Fresh skin
Is what I need

House of 1000 Corpses by Rob Zombie
Buy It

Living somewhere
Between dead and dying
Praying to the Aliens by Gary Numan and Tubeway Army

Sin sin ha! ha! come on sin sin do the sinister
Do the Sinister by Infectious Grooves
Buy It

A great cover of this song by Ronnie James Dio
Welcome to my nightmare
Welcome to my breakdown
I hope I didn't scare you
Welcome to My Nightmare by Ronnie James Dio
Buy It

I'm in a hurry, can you tell? All you ghouls and goblins have a scary weekend and don't drink too much blood.

Funny Toon

0 comments: