Monday, November 20, 2006

Oh Jeez, um, no title

Today in Music History:

In 1955 Elvis Presley's contract with Sun Records, including all previously released and recorded material, is sold to the New York-based RCA label for $35,000.
I have been negligent, but I have a reason. As an independent operator without a buttload of advertising on my site, It is my pockets that hosting all these mp3 files comes out of. Except for my good friends, some unlisted, most listed in my sidebar, almost no one else will even leave a thank you for what they find here. Yet my bandwidth usage continues to increase and for all you folks who come in and grab without thanking the poster, it costs money. I am not a rich man and when the provider says bandwidth usage is almost exceeded, it means that I will have a bigger bill. Thus you sometimes see other party options such as rapidshare or megaupload being employed here.

I could go the way of other music blogs and saturate my site with so much advertising that the music would be difficult to find. if the page would ever load. One of my favorite music blogs went that way and as a result I no longer read his blog and deleted it from my sidebar. I was never in this for money or exposure. Just my personal pleasure of exposing cool music to other people.

But reality forces a poor man to look for other user friendly(free) options for hosting his music files. So I have been experimenting with a site that looks promising, yet I feel is not friendly enough for my readers. Although I see some huge potential for something.

So I'm throwing up some stuff here not oft heard, without no rhyme or reason and asking all to be patient while I sort out my hosting options.

Jesus Brother Bob by The Arrogant Worms
Buy It

Life is Shit
by The Dead Milkmen
Buy It

Bully Bully by Off Broadway
Buy It



Funny Toon

0 comments: