Friday, August 17, 2007

Pour Me A Vacation eh!

Today in Music History:

1955, Sun Records released 'I Forgot To Remember To Forget' by Elvis Presley which failed to make the pop chart but became a US country No.1.

I shoulda put something up yesterday to remember the king, but homercat had to put on his best jump suit, hit the karaoke bars and sing up some Elvis tunes. Just like Mojo, homercat isa big fan of the Big E. When I finally get around to writing something up about my idol I'lkl do it up right. Right now my days are filled with hectivity, especially since I am leaving the rock for two weeks for some much needed R n R. Rest and Relaxation or Rock n Rollin' as you will. So Homie won't be back until after September 4th. So first off a couple of my fave Elbis tuneage and then I got's a special treat for homercat's homies.

I Just Can't Help Believin'(Live) by Elvis Presley
T-R-O-U-B-L-E by Elvis Presley
Polk Salad Annie (Live) by Elvis Presley

Some of you may already think that I've been on vacation all summer since I haven't been exactly prolific here, but that's just a case of real life getting in the way. So now my real vacation is starting and every year I burn a special vacation CD to get things rollin' to a good start. As soon as we pull the car out on the road I pop this disc in and we're off. This year I've outdid myself. This one's a real humdinger and being I'm as pleased as punch with it, I'm going to let y'all in on it. From the very first track to the last you just know this disc was made for vacation time. It also goes well with a hearty ale or a fancy umbrella drink. So it's a real crowd pleaser. So the title of this years Cd is Pour Me A Vacation eh! I hope every one enjoys my selections and don't shed a tear little kitties, the homercat in the hat will be back before you know it. Cheers All!
Vacation Disc
160 kbps

Track Listing
artist/title

1. Captain Jack - Iko Iko (club Mix) (5:02)
2. The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated (2:29)
3. Tiny Tim - Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight (1:55)
4. Apache Indian - Boom Shakalaka (4:30)
5. Frankie Yankovic - In Heaven There Is No Beer (2:36)
6. Eagle-Eye Cherry - Feels So Right (4:21)
7. The Calling - Wherever You Will Go (3:28)
8. The Ramones - She's the One (2:13)
9. - Peter Gunn Theme (3:45)
10. Quincy Jones - Soul Bossa Nova (2:45)
11. Glenn Miller - In the Mood (3:36)
12. Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie (2:59)
13. Jimmy Buffett - Boat Drinks (2:37)
14. B.J. Thomas - Rock & Roll Lullaby (4:14)
15. Tim McGraw - I Like It, I Love It (3:21)
16. Shania Twain - I'm Gonna Getcha Good! (4:04)
17. April Wine - I Like to Rock (4:17)
18. The Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace (2:23)
19. Barry Mann - Who Put the Bomp (2:47)
20. Barenaked Ladies - If I Had $1000000 (5:05)

Tracks 1-10
Tracks 11-20
password=homercat


Funny Toon

0 comments: