Friday, November 02, 2007

Sue Saad and the Next

Today in Music History:

In 1974, George Harrison became the first Beatle to undertake a solo world tour when he played the first show of a 30-night tour in Vancouver, Canada.

So I went to the record store today intending to purchase 3 CD's, two of them new releases. I've surfed the web enough to know where exactly to go if I want to download a new release for free. There's plenty of pirate blogs out there. So I know for a fact I could have downloaded all three of the CD's I was looking for from a couple of these blogs I have mentioned. I saw them posted. I prefer to hold the hard copy in my hand,liner notes and all(I read them diligently) and I don't want some crap ripped at 192 kbps, I wants the pure version. Fully intending to purchase them, I went to my favorite haunt. Nil, nada, nothing, not in stock, and that's the rub, these were fairly common artists and should be stocked at all times. I hate having to special order and waiting 3 to 4 weeks for my items. I don't buy shit over the internet and forget about trying to buy something that was released prior to 1995 at any store. Most likely it will be out of print or they don't keep them on hand because there's not much demand for that particular album.

Thus I went home pissed because of the sorry state of most of these record(cd) stores with empty hands and to think I had a huge willingness to fork over my hard earned cash to the mother farking recording industry. Youze guys blew it, I downloaded it. I didn't want to. This blog's purpose has always been to promote the artists and get folks to go out and buy the stuff. I really really wanted these albums so I got them the only way I could. This has been happening a lot lately and I feel like the recording industry has backed me in a corner. Just how in the hell am I supposed to buy an album if it's out of print. You can't, so I download them.

So you're asking yourself, ok homercat, just what in hell does all this have to do with the title of your post, Sue Saad and the Next. Well here it comes.
Sue Saad and the NextSue Saad and the Next is a lost gem in rock history. Sue Saad and the Next only did one album way back in 1980. If you have it, you are lucky. If not, look around the used record stores, because it never made it to CD although it should have. A solid rock band, sounding a little like a female fronted Loverboy. At times Sue sounds like Ann Wilson, and the band rocks - well played early 80's rock. They have a bass-heavy beat that is not dance music, and the guitar riffs are memorable. They also have one song on the Roadie soundtrack which was how I was introduced to them. They never made a second album, although Sue and band went on to write music for several movies most notably the soundtrack to Looker.

For those that have not heard of them or don't remember them, here's a track for ya.

I I Me Me by Sue Saad and the Next

So here's another example of a lost classic that is unavailable for the masses, unless someone you happen to know someone has ripped it from vinyl for you. It's lucky for you guys that you know homercat. While I don't endorse the whole album download thing, I do in this particular case, because I'm pissed off today. I've had a lot of requests for this album from some buds as it is extremely hard to find so here it be. Some of my more canny readers may have already seen this where I put it somewhere else before and snagged it already. It's time that that an injustice be rectified and a lost classic be restored to the masses. A nice clean vinyl rip and it's the least I can do for being away for so long.

192 kbps

Gimme Love Gimme Pain
It's Gotcha
Prisoner
Young Girl
I I Me Me
Your Lips-Hands-Kiss-Love
I Want Him
Cold Night Rain
Won't Give It Up
Danger Love

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z4U34UTM
password=homercat

Funny Toon

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. Thanks so much for this rip, this album has been a pain in the ass to find for a long time for me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this rare find! I have looked everywhere I can think of for the Sue Saad 7" 45 that was released with 'Looker' on side A and 'Highwire' on side B... If I could only get my hands on it, but being out of print it is impossible to find! If anyone anywhere could help recover and rip at least the side B of this 7" vinyl [if a copy indeed does exist!]{as I did finally manage to locate a 128 kbps rip of Looker...} I would be forever grateful!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Spent ages looking for this recording. Would have paid for it in the iTunes store.

Thanks a million.

Anonymous said...

I have Highwire. I'll check back.

homercat said...

OK Anonymous let's get that puppy out there, I know many who would be grateful

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to re-up the link?
Thanks, heidi

homercat said...

Sure Heidi, but I'll put the link right here in this comment.

http://www.mediafire.com/?da2t4dc85xa454m

That should fix you up.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! Highwire:

http://musiconvinyl.blogspot.com/2010/05/looker-sue-saad.html