Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Homercat Presents: the best Christmas CD Ever

Today in Music History:

In 1971, Jerry Lee Lewis and his wife Myra who he married when she was 13 divorced, as he prepared to marry 29-year old Karen Elizabeth Gunn Pate.

homercat christmas musicWhen my alarm went off this morning my local radio DJ said something like only seven days till Christmas, and my mind went holy crap where in heck did this month go. To be honest with everyone I am sick and tired of having this holiday crammed down my throat at every turn. Let's face it, people go absolutely apeshit insane this time of year. You know what I'm talkin' about. So this will be my last christmas related post of the year.

What I mean to say is that Homercat has once again made a compilation CD that beats the heck out of any other christmas album you may have in your collection. This is the one folks. Also it's an amazing christmas party disc. Be forewarned though, there are a couple tracks that are not for the young chilluns ears. So I suggest that if you will be playing this comp around the kiddies, you should leave two of the tracks off of your disc. Other wise this is the best Christmas CD ever made gosh durnit! I hope you all enjoy this prezzie that I've compiled for all my loyal readers. Some of you may have a couple of these tracks already but you need the rest for your Christmas to be complete. I personally suggest burning the disc in the order that I have listed as it seems to flow well. I did insert a couple extra in case you leave off the "adult" songs. Whatever the case enjoy the music and if you like some of these samples then hunt down the albums, purchase them and make them a part of your permanent collection.

VBR

1. Mojo Nixon & The Toadliquors - 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (6:30)
2. Barenaked Ladies - Green Christmas (2:34)
3. Brenda Lee - Papa Noel (2:28)
4. Burl Ives - We Are Santa's Elves (1:38)
5. Twisted Sister - I'll Be Home For Christmas (Featuring Lita Ford) (4:08)
6. C3PO & R2D2 - What Can You Get A Wookie For Christmas (When He Already Owns A Comb?) (3:23)
7. Bob and Doug McKenzie - Twelve Days of Christmas (4:45)
8. Billy Idol - Here Comes Santa Claus (2:01)
9. Jimmy Buffett - Mele Kalikimaka (2:58)
10. The Three Stooges - I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas (2:21)
11. Mitch Miller & The Gang - Must Be Santa (2:43)
12. Billy Idol - Yellin' At The Xmas Tree (4:14)
13. The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping (5:27)
14. Sarah McLachlan - Song for a Winter's Night (3:48)
15. Joan Jett And The Blackhearts - Little Drummer Boy (4:17)
16. Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas? (3:53)
17. Weird Al Yankovic - The Night Santa Went Crazy (Extra Gory Version) (4:01)
18. Barenaked Ladies - Christmastime (Oh Yeah) (2:16)
19. Ramones - Merry Christmas (I Don't Want (2:05)
20. Angel - The Christmas Song (4:02)
21. José Feliciano - Feliz Navidad (3:03)
22. Foghat - All I Want For Christmas Is You (3:45)
23. Mojo Nixon & The Toadliquors - It's Christmas Time (3:33)
24. Norman Brown - Charlie Brown Christmas (3:05)

http://massmirror.com/4d22fcaeb93d99d4c98815c1db09d102.html
pw=homercat

Funny Toon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, 6 years later, nowhere near Xmas, I am listening to this and returned to say a belated Thank You!!

Anonymous said...

When you start a music blog, you launch creations off into the world. Thanks for this one.