Friday, February 15, 2008

Kitty Luvin'

Today in Music History:

In 1977, Glen Matlock was fired as bass player from The Sex Pistols, being replaced by Sid Vicious. Matlock rejoined in the 90's when the Pistol's reformed.


Valentine's Day. What a Rip off. For the last two weeks I've been seeing and hearing commercials telling me that if I don't spend a couple thousand dollars on diamonds for my sweety, then I'm no more than a big lump of poo in the cesspool of material possesions. Who made up this holiday? I think it was the good folks at Hallmark. I think they had a huge lag in greeting card sales between Christmas and Mother's Day so they invented this holiday so us men would get out and buy more cards. Let's face it no one really buys Easter cards, so they needed a boost in their sales. I don't just take one day of the year to do something special for Mrs. homercat. I do it through out the year, I like to surprise her once in a while with little things that will make her day. Granted I'm not very good at it but I try.

Now before anyone starts calling me a romance grouch, I'm here to let you know that I do have a certain weakness for shmaltzy "love songs". There are some tunes that have been known to bring a tear to my eye. I shamelessly will sing along outloud even though it sounds like someone is continuously stomping on my tail. Caterwauling if you will. I can't help it as they make me feel all oogly inside. So just to prove that romance resides somewhere in this hardcore kitty's persona I've compiled a compilation CD that's purrr-fect for some down and dirty kitty luvin'. Your girlfriend/wife/significant other/etc will be ready for a trip to the love shack and be all over you like stink on the proverbial poo once you pop this disc into the player. Why just last night I was literally mauled by the Mrs when I played this disc last night. You can thank me later. First I'll pop a couple samples here in case you're not interested in downloading the full files. Then go and have some luvin'.

Puppy Love by Donny Osmond
That's Amore by Dean Martin

VBR
Suggested Order for Kitty Luvin'

1. The Osmonds - Love Me For A Reason (4:00)
2. Cheap Trick - Love Comes (4:40)
3. Captain & Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time (3:52)
4. Garth Brooks - If Tomorrow Never Comes (3:42)
5. Brooks & Dunn - I Am That Man (3:31)
6. Robin Zander - Boy (I'm So In Love With You) (4:55)
7. Prince - Slow Love (4:22)
8. Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover (5:23)
9. Kiss - Every Time I Look At You (4:40)
10. Bay City Rollers - Maybe I'm A Fool To Love You (3:55)
11. The Carpenters - Goodbye To Love (3:57)
12. Alison Krauss - When You Say Nothing at All (4:18)
13. Shania Twain - From This Moment On (4:51)
14. The Commodores - Sweet Love (3:29)
15. Juliet Turner - I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You (4:08)
16. Laura Branigan - Power of Love (5:26)
17. Bob Dylan - Make You Feel My Love (3:33)
18. "Weird Al" Yankovic - Wanna B Ur Lovr (6:14)
19. Wet Wet Wet - Love Is All Around (3:57)
20. Doug & The Slugs - Who Knows How (To Make Love Stay) (3:47)
21. Dean Martin - Return to Me (2:26)

Tracks 1-10
Tracks 11-21
no password required

Funny Toon

0 comments: