Friday, September 12, 2008

Paradise Va kay shione

big treeBear with me. I don't know how I'm going to tie my va kay shione into something folks might want to hear. Our lovely island is astounding. British Columbia promotes itself as the best place on earth and I believe that to be the truth. Traveling through the Rockies in BC would make a believer out of anyone. Since I moved here I thought this province was the most beautiful place I had ever imagined and this island is just amazing. This year we did a staycation type deal. We stagoats on the roofyed on the Island and went north to Tofino. OMG, this place is one of the hidden treasures of the world. Just 5 hrs north of what I used to think of as the most beautiful city in the world, my city of Victoria. After traveling a multitude of winding mountain roads and a short stop at a restaurant that actually had goats grazing on the roof of this eating establishment. (Don't ask, it is simply something one must see). In the space of one week I walked the longest beach in North America, hiked through rainforests (trees were fucking huge), saw humpbacked whales, sea otters, sea lions, and numerous other sea life. Visited a hot springs(it was hot and awesome) on the oceans edge and saw 7 bears much too close for comfort for me. Had a meal of the best Fish and Chips I've ever had and saw a bog(wbeaches for mileshich was a highlight) in the middle of a rainforest where everything looked like a bonsai garden(miniature stuff). My God this is the best place on earth. I'm telling you folks, if you're wondering abig honkin beachbout your next vacation spot, you can't go wrong if you visit Vancouver Island. We live in a paradise and I am jealous of myself.

So I guess I have to focus on some kind of paradise theme for my cuts for the day. Actually visit this place, it's awesome. Really Our Island is an amazing place ( and it's temperate year round, even if it's up north). Come see the most beautiful place on earth.

Two Tickets to Paradise by Eddie Money
Show Me Heaven by Robin Zander


Funny Toon

0 comments: