Friday, October 03, 2008

Let the Creepiness Begin

zombieIn this month of my favourite themed songs I have to give a shout out to a great friend of mine who turned me on to a lot of songs I'll feature this month. Don't know if this person wants me to web out their name, but this person over time has turned me on to a wealth of great stuff that I should have known about, and am eternally grateful. For this month's purposes any song that my friend turned me on to, I will put a ** after it.

Now that I have that big disclaimer out of the way, we can get to my first installment of Halloween/party/creepy/type stuff. Along with a typical zombie cry of BRAINS by Voltaire, we also have an excellent cut off of the new Alice Cooper album that may get my site shut down. As the album is a concept album and this is the last cut off the album, I almost feel like it may be a spoiler for the whole concept, but it may also get folks to buy it. I do feel it is appropriate to lead this month off with new Cooper for several reasons. 1 once again after almost 40 years of recording, being a true pioneer and still going strong and a bazillion gold albums later, and yet once again being snubbed by the rock n Roll Hall of Fame, it's only right that the Coop get his due right here on Good Rockin' Tonight where if nothing else, homercat knows his rock n roll. 2 Because I say so on this here my blog. and 3 I Love Alice!!

As an aside, for those who are not familiar with Voltaire**, be assured he will be dealt with in a later post. Lastly I hope you all are taking these songs down, because this month's posts could and most possibly turn out to be best and most definitive Halloween Party Disc ever. Then again, what do I know.


BRAINS! by Voltaire **
I Am the Spider by Alice Cooper
Just go and buy Halloween stuff you like

Funny Toon

0 comments: