Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wanted

Wanted: a nice cool day or a record store that has the new Cheap Trick album so I can buy it. I wonder if I need to go on a rant here. I would ceptin' it's too darn hot. I've made several calls to my regular haunts and they keep saying nope we don't have it yet. Some folks don't have a credit card or if they do they don't want it floatin' around out there in cyberspace. I'll make another round of phone calls next week and if no one has it yet, I suppose I'll have to break down and download it illegally. What's a homercat to do when he wants to spend his money on a new album and can't get it. I guess he'll have to revisit the summer of 1982 when I played the hell out of Cheap Trick's sixth album. If one thinks I've been spending too much time with Cheap Trick posts it's because of the previous stuff I spoke of.

One on One was Cheap Trick's sixth studio album and was the first Cheap Trick album to feature new bassist Jon Brant. Two years after the complex, experimental All Shook Up, Cheap Trick released an album full of heavy, three-chord, shout-along rockers. Great collection of 11 finely crafted 3 minute rock-pop songs. There is not one bad song in the bunch. The 70s albums get all the hype and the critics write off most of the 80s Cheap Trick. Quite frankly, this is one of the better albums of the 80s and it's just plain fun. Not the best Trick in the catalogue but like my previous post about Hank Jr, there are a lot of fond memories associated with One on One. I hope like hell CT gives this album the remastering treatment that they did on their first 5 albums. I'll be first in line to buy it.

She's Tight
One on One
Buy It Probably out of print

Funny Toon

0 comments: