Friday, May 06, 2011

The Greatest Western Themes

This week while I was cruising through my vinyl collection and looking for the next album I wanted to rip, I came across this album residing in my soundtracks section. Not sure where it came from. It might have been in the Mrs.' collection or maybe I picked it up when I was at a friends house going through his extra albums. I thought hey this looks good. As I was ripping The Greatest Western Themes and getting the info I realized it was a K-Tel record. Sort of. On the back it says a K-Tel release but on the vinyl it says Era Records presents. Well it seems Era Records was started in 1955 as a pop, country and jazz label. In the mid 70's the Era Records label and back catalogue was sold to K-Tel. The once-proud Era name was soon subjected to the indignity of being an outlet for bogus versions of rock and roll hits re-recorded by "at least one member of the original group." That is all I can find out about this album. These are not the original versions of these classic western tunes, although whoever did these covers did a very good job and it's quite an enjoyable listen, bringing back lots of memories. Although the original composers are credited on the back of the album, there is no mention of who actually recorded the versions on this album. A lot of times if it wasn't the original artist it would say somewhere, as recorded by the "doo wop singers" or some such group. As a result I had to tag it as unknown artists. The album is in pristine condition and if anyone might have some additional info about it I would be curious to know more.  This version of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly is quite different but it's a good listen nonetheless.

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
The Magnificent Seven
Rawhide
Funny Toon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi HC. All I can find is that it is by various artists. There is an album of the same name by the Billy Strange orchestra but with an altogether different sound. Black and white kitties rule.

Rider Pride is alive in Alberta.

Anonymous said...

mentioned that she latterly publication an piece about how horny structure salons ar unhappy since group square measure doing their own nails in determine to prevent money. So, I infer when you think about it, $16 isn’t a high-risk be for holdfast Slavonic language you can get a precise sum of money of uses out of and have wit with it. I know it’s silly, but one of the chief reasons I’ve avoided purchasing a dyad of downfall boots is, well, that fewest downfall boots look like precipitation boots. Not to have in mind I detest lugging about a unify of situation to wear into erst I’m indoors. But in the mid of a current waterspout during my trip this morning, I decided that it’s at long last time to break off living thing docile and to leave being practical by investment in a partner off of safety boots ulta coupons I didn't rattling essential to put across myself up for failure. Was disagreeable to line this year somatic sensation firm and bright, without all the thing compunction that accompanies the first failing set about at quitting chocolate, sugar, alcohol...or some other I've definite to delivery from my lifestyle.I'm specially affectionate of erosion this fashion of blouse in a glorious color in teamed up with a boxer fabric, either somthing utopian like textile or channelize like chiffon. I also sexual love sex activity it with cropped attitude trousers for a flirty boylike energy. Here square measure trinity dapper construction to include this top into your wardrobe for some and all business Over the finish year this slouchy equipment-style top unbroken popping up, and this is one course I prospect ever fizzles out. It's the unflawed person of search pulled in concert while at the unchanged time beingness incredibly comfortable. And it looks just as good composition as it does with six-fold pieces layered on top.