Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Electric Warrior

Straight from my sweet 180 gram vinyl release comes Electric Warrior, the sixth album by T Rex released in 1971. Widely considered to one of the best, or in my opinion the best glam rock album ever released. Electric Warrior still stands the test of time after all these years. Should be against the law for someone to not own this record. I'm sure most of you have it but I just had to share the sweet sound of this 180 gram vinyl. This is one of those rare albums, like Rubber Soul, in which every song is superb.  This album completes T. Rex's transformation from hippie folk-rockers into flamboyant avatars of trashy rock & roll. There are a few vestiges of those early days remaining in the acoustic-driven ballads, but Electric Warrior spends most of its time in a swinging, hip-shaking groove powered by Marc Bolan's warm electric guitar. Don't get much better than this.

Get it On
Life's a Gas
Buy It

Funny Toon

5 comments:

Barely Awake In Frog Pajamas said...

T. Rex is one band that can almost always put a smile in my face.

Mick said...

One of my most played albums ever.
Hope things are good with you two. I'm working in France all summer and not much internet.

homercat said...

Hey Mick! It's great to hear from you. Things are excellent here, hope is same with you two. Hope you're both in France?

BeckEye said...

Your opinion is the right one. It is the best glam rock record ever.

jb said...

Very late coming to this post, but thanks a lot. I bought "Bang a Gong" on a 45 when I was 12, and I still dig it.