Friday, August 05, 2011

Warren Zevon

Warren Zevon is one of the most underrated classic rock musicians of all time and those who manage to discover his music often deem him a genius - and with good reason, although he never had much commercial success. Zevon released his self titled second album in 1976. The album was produced by Jackson Browne and has since been labeled a masterpiece in the Rolling Stone Record Guide. By the time this album was released he had already spent 10 years in the biz as a songwriter. When one looks at the credits on the album there is Hall of Fame list of guest musicians who participated. Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Bonnie Raitt, Phil Everly, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Jackson Browne, JD Souther are just a few of the talented folks helping out Warren. Warren Zevon may not have been the songwriter's debut, but it was the album that confirmed he was a major talent, and it remains a black-hearted pop delight and as the guide says, a masterpiece of vinyl.


320 kbps
All songs composed by Warren Zevon

"Frank and Jesse James" – 4:33
"Mama Couldn't Be Persuaded" – 2:53
"Backs Turned Looking Down the Path" – 2:27
"Hasten Down the Wind" – 2:58
"Poor Poor Pitiful Me" – 3:04
"The French Inhaler" – 3:44
"Mohammed's Radio" – 3:40
"I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" – 2:56
"Carmelita" – 3:32
"Join Me in L.A." – 3:13
"Desperados Under the Eaves" – 4:45

Copy and Paste this link into your browser to download
http://www.mediafire.com/?232l2hwzx6cbkic

Funny Toon

7 comments:

Rock Brigade Blogger said...

I love Warren Zevon! I started watching the show Californication and there are plenty of Warren Zevon references and music used throughout. I went out and purchased some of his music. A very talented song writer and musician gone too soon.

somematt said...

Very much thanks!
I've always heard he is great and I've liked the stuff I've heard (the hits), so I'm looking forward to this!

Thomas said...

Warren Zevon taught me more about how to write a short story with his songwriting than any prose writer. He continues to be my idol, and I mourn his passing...

Barely Awake In Frog Pajamas said...

As he existed on the fringe for so much of his career, I sometimes forget what a fantastic catalog of work Zevon left behind (despite owning much of it).

Thanks for the reminder.

ML said...

Awesome! I love Warren Zevon, he's truly underrated !

Check out my blog at:
http://rock-of-ages1.blogspot.com/

zakynthiusrockius said...

http://zakynthiusrockius.blogspot.com/

JOHN O'LEARY said...

Tomorrow is Warren's birthday. http://businesslessonsfromrock.com/notes/2013/01/lawyers-guns-and-money