Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Goodbye Baby Bear ...


October was an extremely difficult month for the Homercat household, culminating on October 31st when, after a long struggle with progressively worse illnesses, we had to bid goodbye to our little grey-striped Misty-cat. She was the strongest, sweetest little kitty in the world and we will miss her so very, very much. She was born in Ottawa, Canada on July 1, 1995 (or thereabouts), being tossed away like garbage and left to die, we never knew her actual birthdate, but she lived through that experience (after being rescued by a vet who found her on the side of the road), and has graced our lives ever since. She was diagnosed with diabetes almost 4 years ago and lived through her twice daily injections with loving good humour, never once complaining or running and hiding to get away from it. If we could have half her courage, half her heart and half her love, we will have lived a very good life indeed. Rest In Peace our little baby, and we hope you have a great hereafter in Heaven chasing butterflies and waxing fat and sassy. All our love forever, your Mom and Dad.

Misty Neufeld-Gordley
~July 1, 1995 - October 31, 2011~
I used to know this old scarecrow
She was my song, my joy and sorrow
Cast alone between the furrows
Of a field no longer sown by anyone

I held a dandelion
That said the time had come
To leave upon the wind
Not to return
When summer burned the earth again

Cultivate the freshest flower
This garden ever grew
Beneath these branches
I once wrote such childish words for you

But that's okay
There's treasure children always seek to find
And just like us
You must have had
A once upon a time

We send you a million kisses and hugs, and know we will miss you. Always.

4 comments:

Barely Awake In Frog Pajamas said...

So sorry to read about your loss. We lost Sam (who I had long ago simply renamed The Buddy) several months ago and I still catch her out of the corner of my eye.

Take care and take solace knowing that you gave her a good home, a good life and, quite obviously, a lot of love and attention.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had 16 great years together!

jb said...

So sorry to hear this news. I read someplace that cats do not go to heaven, however--they go to Hawaii, which strikes me as a much better deal.

That Elton lyric is a favorite of mine, and now I'm not sure I'll ever hear it quite the same way again.

whiteray said...

It's always difficult. The Texas Gal and I send good thoughts.