Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How Bizarre

"How Bizarre" is a 1996 album by New Zealand group, OMC. It was first done under the huh! recording label, issued by PolyGram New Zealand, and manufactured and marketed by Mercury Records in the United States. The title track was very successful worldwide which has given this group it's status as a one hit wonder.

OMC is from Otara, Auckland, New Zealand. Originally the Otara Millionaires Club, the full name of the band is a tongue-in-cheek reference to Otara's status as one of the poorest suburbs of Auckland.

This album may not be the greatest album of all time but the single, How Bizarre, definitely plants an ear worm in your head when you hear it.  When I first heard the song back in 96, I couldn't get the darn thing out of my head for days.  Today I was reminded of the power of this piece of ear candy when it came on the radio and then I proceeded to hum the ditty for  the rest of the day.  Once again I couldn't get it out of my head.  Now I return the favor and get it buzzing inside my reader's heads.

How Bizarre
Right On
Buy It


Funny Toon

0 comments: